Tuesday 20 March 2012

Introduction

I couldn’t continue and I didn’t know where I was going. I looked up to get my bearings through the thick smoke like a dangerous fog and noticed the colossal tower before me. As I stopped to look at the fascinating monument, I wondered, “Will it ever end?”  The skeleton structure was glowing with distress lights, calling for help from anywhere.
My mouth was bleeding with thirst and my legs weary from running. I paused and looked up. The thick, black smoke that covered the whole city was all I could breath in. I closed my eyes, with sound of the roaring fires and wailing people surrounding me. I fell to my knees from exhaustion. I wanted the pain to end, I wanted the hurt to be over. I was the tower, a skeleton, empty from hope and trying to call for help. I felt a single streak of warmth slide down my face, but they kept coming. The salt of my tears ran off my mouth and down off my chin. The mixture of pain and the loss of hope was in the taste of the blood and tears that slid past my lips. I opened my eyes once more to look up at the empty, towering structure. This city was once known for its love and beauty, now, all that remains is pain and destruction.
I looked behind me and saw them coming. I couldn’t get up, and I didn’t want to. I wanted it to be over. They lifted me off the ground and twisted my arms together with thick cord. The pushed up the stairs of the tower, each time I lifted my foot felt like cement strapped to my feet. My face was wet with the ones lost, not of my fate. I felt the roughness around my bare wrists turn red. We came to a ledge about fifty feet in the air. I stood, my head, too tired to hold up. They slipped the rope over me. I was ready, I was tired of running.
I rounded  up enough strength to look up out to the horizon.  Fire was licking up every place that had any of my good memories. People in the streets, wailing and crying over the lost loved ones. I wanted to leave this place. I filled my nostrils with the dry, smoky air. My lungs filled with all that remains of my good memories. I exhaled, knowing they would never return to me. I was ready. I felt the rush of cool wind across my face and through my hair. I felt the freedom from escaping this place. I felt the tug























The feeling I wanted to portray here was distress. The person wanted help, he wanted to be saved. He decided that no one was going to come, so he allowed the enemy to overtake him.
Sight
Sound
Smell
Taste
Touch
Feeling
Blood 
red 
skies
Eiffel
Tower with
distress
lights on
Thickened
black
skies
with smoke
Dead trees
·People in
streets
People
coming at
m
Screaming
people
Crackling
of wood
Smoke
throughout
the air
Dryness
of
mouth
Hot 
air
The 
black 
smoke 
fill 
my 
lungs
The
roughness
of 
the
rope
Exhaustion 
Warm tears
down
face
Coolness
over 
face
When 
was it
going
to end
A city 
known
for love
now in
fear 
and
destruction

No comments:

Post a Comment